Monday, May 8, 2017

Trio!

HI everyone! We had an unexpected surprise this week! Sister Na'a who has been serving out in Lake Hamilton (near Lake Wales!!!) was our third companion for a few days this week! She needed to be off her leg for a bit, so she was able to come with us. It has been great! We had another unexpected surprise, we went to the church on Saturday and we had no Internet...as you can imagine it's a little difficult to be an online Missionary with no Internet. Haha, but we made things work and we got to spend more time getting to know our members here. 

I just want to tell you a little about the things I've learned this week and they include things I've learned from 2 incredible people. One of them is Sister Na'a! She is also 27 years old, she is from Tonga and she's a triplet (3 girls)! She has 8 siblings, 4 brothers and 4 sisters; the triplets are the youngest. She has 15 nieces and nephews and all of her siblings are married. She served the first 5 months of her mission In Tonga, waiting to get a visa. As we've had a chance to talk I've also learned that both of her parents have died. Her mother died of cancer a year or two ago and it was part of the reason she decided to serve a mission. She bore her testimony to me of how much the plan of salvation means to her and the hope that it brings. She said that on her mission her testimony and knowledge of that plan has grown. She knows that she will be with them again. We had a lesson with Penny this weekend and she was able to share that testimony with her. Penny's husband died, as well as a daughter and grandson and she said sometimes she's wondered why she is still here, but she said she knows that God has a plan for her. As sister Na'a was able to share her experiences with Penny the spirit was so strong! God has a plan for us! It is more wonderful than we can imagine! 

This is Sister Na'a's tongan name tag. :) 



Sister Na'a saw her first alligator! This is in the pond that's right next to our apartment! He was swimming around like crazy! So cool. :) 

We got to watch the fireside with Elder Clark last night!! I love the Clark's so much! It was so inspiring and filled with truth!

We put together a mother's day thing for Sister Cooper. 

The other person who inspired me this week is Sister Williams, she's the relief society president for our ward here. She is amazing. She is legally blind, and can only see a few feet in front of her. She had a heart attack this past Wednesday as well as surgery right after. You would think that she would stay home and recover for a few weeks, but no! She was there at ward council and stayed for all three hours of church! She even shared her testimony in sacrament meeting. She is so firmly rooted in the gospel and she knows what is important to her. She doesn't let her limitations stop her. 

I'm sorry I don't have time to write back individually this week! We have zone activity day today and we don't have time. But know that I love you all! Happy Mothers day! 

"...Thou art my servant; I have chosen thee, and not cast thee away. Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." Isaiah 41:9-10


Love ya, 

Sister Gessel

No comments:

Post a Comment