Monday, May 15, 2017

Happy Mother's Day!





This is from our zone activity last Monday.


So many tender mercies from all he missionaries here by the mission office!


Me and Hermana Whitlock


Us and the YSA sisters after a service project



This past week has been fantastic! We've seen so many miracles in our area and online! The work is moving forward! No unhallowed hand shall stop the work. The scripture we're memorizing this week is Hebrews 11:1, "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Through faith there can be so many miracles.

Penny and her grandson Tommy came to church yesterday! Tommy and his wife Kristen were baptized last October. Tommy is mostly blind due to an incident last summer and he's spent a few weeks in New York training with a guide dog! Now he's got a beautiful black lab named Partner. :) Penny is doing well and we will be seeing her tonight!

As I've been working online I have been amazed at how many amazing resources there are available on LDS.org! There are SO many! From military.lds.org to scripturestories.lds.org, families.lds.org, LDS.org/topics (this is our favorite find of the week! So cool! It has a ton of topics and then includes a description, scriptures, conferences talks, videos, etc. all on the subject! Basically the best resource ever if you're researching or writing a talk!), mentalhealth.lds.org, discover.mormon.org, jesuschrist.mormon.org, mormonandgay.lds.org, history.lds.org. The list goes on and on! If you haven't checked some of them out please take a minute and do!

Anyway, thank you all for all you do! Keep up the good work and don't forget you're loved!

Sister Gessel

Hello everyone,

I have been reflecting back on the many women who have touched my life
and shaped me into who I am today. I am so grateful for their love and
Christlike service. So many of them have no idea how much they
influenced me simply by being there, by caring and by listening. I'm
so grateful for my mom! And my grandma! And my sisters! Thank you all
for who you are!

As you know we get to call our families on Mother's day! It was great
to see the faces and hear the voices of those I love! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment