Monday, August 1, 2016

I just don't like coming up with subject lines... :)

Hi from good old Lake Wales! 

I love it here. We have nearly survived summer our first summer in Florida. Haha. I can honestly say I've never dripped this much sweat in one day before as we do here. :) Definitely keeps life exciting! Thank heavens for air conditioning. :) 

Have you read Enos (in the Book of Mormon) lately? If you haven't that's my challenge to you this week! Pray for understanding before you read or write down questions you have. There is so much to learn! I was reading it this morning and I love how it talks about our guilt being swept away and that through our faith we can spiritually be made whole! 

We have a baptism coming up on Saturday! Pray for Jacob this week! We've been working with a lot of solid people recently and we know there are more out there! Our ward has been really supportive and that makes the biggest difference! We were able to go serve a family last week that we've been teaching (we inherited them from the Winter Haven Elders) and they were able to come to church! Almost all of them anyway. They've still got a long way to go, but they've already come so far! The Lord really has been blessing and preparing them. Missionary work really is the best work. When you get to see people grow and change and see their potential. I don't think there's much better! We're not perfect, but the fact that the Lord trusts us as members and missionaries to do this work is amazing! I'm grateful that He gives us the chance. 

I hope and pray that you get a chance to share the gospel with someone this week. Big or little I know it will bless you this week!

Love you all! Hope your week is fantastic! Don't die in the heat!

Sister Gessel

Pics
The sister before me planted this little plant and it finally flowered! :) And a really attractive picture of me and Sister Zinck as we prep some Gatorade for the day! haha. Bishop ensures that we get all the electrolytes we need. Haha, he's so great! 

P.S. Coming next week! A week in the life of Sister Gessel! Haha, get excited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment