Monday, August 15, 2016

:)

Hi everyone!

I hope all is well! Things are going well here in Lake Wales. We were able to have a member go out with us most of the week and it was great! She's a young woman named Liz and she's preparing to go on a mission in a couple years! By the time it comes she's going to be so prepared! If you ever get a chance to go out with the missionaries I'd encourage you to take it! We need your help is this work! We're not perfect missionaries, but we are trying. :) 

We did some store contacting this past week and we ran into so many people we know! Tender mercy! There are always people who are ready to hear the gospel. :) I've really had a chance this week to focus on short, powerful statements/truths that bring the spirit. As we've been out finding people I've been able to share some of them and it has made a difference! Just something simple but true - I know God hears our prayers - I know the teachings of Jesus Christ can bring peace - Our Savior Jesus Christ died for our sins. I know all those things are true. 

Keep our investigators, new ward members and missionaries here in your prayers please! Thank you for all you do to reach out and serve people. We were able to meet with a ward member this week and it amazed me to see all the little behind the scenes things we was doing for the ward and how much he wanted to help us! There are so many good people in this world. And often they're just doing there thing, not looking for any recognition or praise. They serve the Lord and love Him. 

In closing I was thinking of a scripture that one of our ward members likes to share - It's Moroni 8:3 "I am mindful of you always, continually praying unto God the Father in the name of his Holy Child, Jesus, that he, through his infinite goodness and grace, will keep you through the endurance of faith on his name to the end." I'm praying for you and I know our Heavenly Father is looking out for you.

Love you all,

Sister Gessel

P.S. If you get a chance the Ensign this month is great! I loved the talk by President Eyring "The Hope of Eternal Family Love" and the article by Elder L. Whitney Clayton "Rooted in Christ." Our decisions make a difference. :) 


Pictures
Liz, Sister Zinck and I! :)
The beautiful sunrise this morning as we were exercising
A double rainbow last Friday!
Jimmy and the other young men and women playing some games for YW/YM combined activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment