Monday, March 7, 2016

Fasting

Hi all! 

Love you all! Thanks for your love and support of me. I just have a couple things I want to share. We've been studying faith and there's a scripture we read this morning that I loved. It's Moroni 7:33 "And Christ hath said: If ye will have faith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me." I know it's true! When we have faith and we act on what He wants us to do we will be blessed!

This week I've learned a lot about my faults and weaknesses but I've also learned about my testimony. We've been teaching a lady named Linda and as much as she tries to convince us that we're being misled and we need to doubt, if anything it was strengthened my testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ. I know this is His church. Not because of things people have told me throughout my life, but because I've acted for myself. I've studied, I've pondered, I've prayed. Nothing she says will dissuade my testimony because I know for myself. I'm grateful for that experience and for what I've been able to learn. 

Missions, as in life, are full of ups and downs. We aren't perfect. We need our Savior to help and uplift us every day, even when we don't feel like turning to Him. He wants us to come to Him. He loves us unconditionally. 

Fasting is such a powerful thing. When we fast with a purpose we will be given additional strength! I know that because I've felt it in my life! I haven't been feeling very well this past week but this morning I feel so much better! I believe that part of the reason is because of fasting!

I love you all! Don't forget how much the Lord loves you and wants to bless you! He knows every little thing you're going through. 

Love ya,

Sister Gessel

P.S. I'll try to send pictures if they work!

No comments:

Post a Comment