Monday, March 14, 2016

Share the gospel!

Hey all! Thank you for all your love and support! 

The pictures are from this past week. There was an awesome sunset the other night when we were biking. We went to a place called Twistee Treat last Preparation Day! It was so yummy! I got chocolate custard/ice cream with oreo and smore's stuff. :) 

There's so much I could share! First off I've got a challenge for you all! Have you seen the Easter Hallelujah video the church released yesterday? It's only two minutes, but it is so powerful! I'm so grateful to know that because of the Atonement and Resurrection of Jesus Christ that we can also be resurrected! I know that the message of the gospel has brought peace to my heart. There are so many people who need that peace in their lives. I invite you to watch it today if you haven't already and pray this week to know one person (or more if you're so inclined!) to share it will. Easter is two less than two weeks away, so let's use this time to bring more people to Christ! I promise you that as you pray for missionary experiences they will happen. You don't need to fear. As you read, pray and study you will know what to say to people and how you can share it with them. 

Will you invite one person to watch it and share your feelings about Christ with them? If you want to email me back a line to let me know you're up to the challenge I'd love that. I know that your influence for good can be far reaching if we're willing to take the chance. 

We had stake conference yesterday and it was so great! I had some questions and concerns that I had written down beforehand and holy cow! Those talks were for me! I needed that counsel and direction so badly. The cool thing is that we don't just learn from the words that are spoken, we can learn from the Holy Ghost as we listen. He will tell us what things we need to do better or what we're doing well or just bring peace to our hearts. 

I want to get better at memorizing scriptures so I started off this morning with 1 Nephi 3:7. I was thinking, "This will be easy, everyone knows 1 Nephi 3:7." But I was amazed as I read it that I'd kind of forgotten the second part. Yes, it says he will go and do the things the Lord commands, but the second part says "for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them." Holy cow, how did I forget that? The Lord doesn't just give us commandments and leave us to fend for ourselves, he prepares a way to do what has been asked of us. He will help uplift and strengthen us. I loved that. 

I love you all! I hope your week is going well! Don't forget to start writing down questions for General Conference! It's coming up! 

Sister Gessel 

No comments:

Post a Comment