Thursday, February 11, 2016

Hey all!

Hello from the MTC!

There's so much to tell! Cristel was right! The MTC is really the TMC - Tender Mercy Center! So many little things that let me know that God is aware of me and he's guiding this work. Like how I was really hoping for french toast sticks the other day and tender mercy!!! They had french toast sticks for breakfast! I told sister Tilby that was what I wanted as we were walking to breakfast. So many little things. :) The gospel is true! 

My companion Sister Tilby is the best! Seriously, we get along so well! I feel like we have the same goals and the same motivation for why we are here and that makes all the difference. You can see her love for the gospel in her eyes. I don't doubt we will be lifelong friends. :) She's from Draper and she's going to Ft. Lauderdale.

We had a great devotional from Jenny Oaks Baker on Sunday night! She spoke and played some beautiful music with her 4 children! So great! Members of our district were also asked to usher for 2 meetings (mission conference - because of fast sunday and the devotional) on Sunday and then also the Tuesday night devotional with Elder Edward Dube and his wife Naume. What are the chances that I would usher in the MTC? Haha, the Lord will use even our most random of talents. 

Our teachers here at the MTC are fantastic! The main ones are Brother Norris and Brother Slavens with Brother Kottcamp and Sister Baer helping occasionally. I have learned so much while I've been here. The first couple days here can be overwhelming, but it's amazing how much you can learn! I know that the Lord hears and answers prayers. I thought I prayed a lot, but little did I know. Haha, we pray all the time and it's the best. I'm so grateful we were able to go to the temple this morning! We even were in the same session as our branch presidency! Tender mercy! Seriously, so many tender mercies here! Look for them and you will see how much the Lord wants to bless you! 

I want you to know how much I love all of you! I know the Lord will bless us as we serve him with everything we have. I invite you to find someone you can serve! It'll make your day and their day better! 

I know this is where I'm supposed to be. I know that with the Lord I can become the best missionary that He would want me to be! I haven't seen Sister Moffett or Sister Johnson yet, but I'll keep my eyes out! 

Love you all! You're in my prayers!

Sister Gessel

P.S. There should be a picture of my district on my blog! It's sistergesselflorida.blogspot.com! :) 

P.S. Read The Book of Mormon! God will answer your questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment