Monday, October 3, 2016

Lakeland Zone Activity Day and General Conference!










Sister Gessel and Sister Zinck
Lake Wales
Hi all!

Don't you just love General Conference? The feeling I get as I listen is one that 
I just don't ever want to go away. I'm so grateful for President Monson and for the leaders of the church. I know that they speak the words that our Savior wants us to hear right now. I know we will be blessed for following them. 

I'm grateful for all the calls to repentance that I heard. I am far from perfect in my discipleship, but I'm grateful that there's always hope and we can always work on our faith. Also, there were so many talks on focusing on the simple doctrines of the gospel. I loved that. If we focus on the basics and keep ourselves grounded in the gospel we'll be ok. I know I want to know my Savior better. I know it's possible, especially as we focus on the basics - prayer, faith, reading the Book of Mormon, etc. 

I look forward to studying and re-studying the talks! We were able to watch the sessions with members, which was great! We watched some at the church and another with a member family. :) We even had an investigator named Pat come! It was great to see the recent members come and enjoy it also. 

I know if we take in what we heard and even just start working on one little thing to improve that we will be blessed. It will all be worth it! 

Love you mucho! 

Sister Gessel

P.S. What were you favorite talks or take away messages this conference? I'd love to hear. :)

Pics - 
This last Monday we had a Zone Activity Day where we got together with all the missionaries in our zone! We had an awesome 4 square tournament, some minute to win it type games and delicious Cafe Rio style food. It ended with an amazing district meeting and then a zone testimony meeting. :) 
4-square
Skittle sorting
Sisters Barkdull, Lance and Jensen!
Lakeland Zone!

No comments:

Post a Comment