Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July everyone! 

I LOVE the 4th of July! Our little town is having some festivities tonight and we'll get to watch the fireworks from our apartment - I'm excited! I was reading in 2 Nephi 10 this morning about what a blessing it is that we are able to live in this promised land. We will be blessed in this land as long as we are keeping the commandments of God. I'm grateful for those who have gone before to bring us to this land and strive to follow Him. I know He's in charge. 

This is a picture of the beautiful sunset this past Saturday! The second one you can see part of the reflection of Lake Wailes! You can't beat the clouds here! Also Sister Zinck and I on this lovely Monday! Haha. Yes I had to wear red, white and blue. 

This past week we got to meet our new Mission President and his wife - President and Sister Cooper! They are great! I'm really excited to get to know them better. 

I don't have anything especially profound to share but I want you to know that our Savior and the gospel are the things that truly matter. Forget about all of the other random junk from the world. Some of it may be useful or have some value, but I find that a lot of it doesn't. There is peace to be found in the scripture, in praying and especially keeping the commandments. Study it out. I've found that knowing what I need to do and then doing it have brought me peace. There is NO way that we will be perfect, we are far from it in this life. We don't have to be perfect, that's why we have repentance. I'm grateful for my Savior, that He always looks out for me even when I sometimes forget or am ungrateful or fear. I know He looks out for you. He loves you. 

Please keep our investigators in your prayers! Especially Jacob (boyfriend of a member) and Amanda and her family! 

Love you all! Eat some kind of ridiculously fattening fried food for me today! :)  

Sister Gessel



No comments:

Post a Comment